Recipe for BBQ Steak
May 30, 2023
Donna M. Skolnick
- 2 pounds (900 grams) of steak (your preferred cut)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) soy sauce
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) black pepper
- Salt, to taste
- In a bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, minced garlic, Dijon mustard, brown sugar, smoked paprika, black pepper, and a pinch of salt. This will be the marinade for the steak.
- Place the steak in a resealable plastic bag or a shallow dish. Pour the marinade over the steak, making sure it is evenly coated. Seal the bag or cover the dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight, allowing the flavors to infuse into the meat.
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- Remove the steak from the marinade, allowing any excess marinade to drip off. Reserve the marinade for basting.
- Grill the steak for about 4-6 minutes per side, depending on the thickness and desired doneness. Baste the steak with the reserved marinade during the grilling process to enhance the flavor.
- Once cooked to your liking, remove the steak from the grill and let it rest for a few minutes. This allows the juices to redistribute and ensures a tender and juicy steak.
- Slice the steak against the grain into thin slices and serve immediately.
This recipe should give your steak a delicious blend of smoky, tangy, and savory flavors. Enjoy your unique BBQ steak!
recipes | bbq | grill | outdoor kitchens